With Mother’s Day coming up this Sunday (yes this Sunday folks – 14th May), we thought we’d reveal a day in the life of a client manager and just how much our very capable and mother-of-two Lindsey packs into her day.
Lindsey is our Client Manager who has been with Align Financial for over ten years. She was here when we opened our doors back in January 2007, helping Darren put the desks together! Lindsey has worked in the financial services industry since the late 1980’s in the UK and Australia. Her focus is on providing a reliable, efficient and welcoming service for all clients so that they feel at ease with building a long-term relationship with Align Financial. She makes sure all our clients are thought about, their needs met and everything put into place that should be.
Lindsey lives with her partner, two boys and two very active dogs on the Northern Beaches.
- 5:30 am –I am woken by dog # 1 trying to wake me up my licking my nose from the side of the bed as he is ready to start the day!
- 6:00 am –I am now up to the dogs’ delight and it is time for a walk up to the park with my partner Richard, if he is not out on his bike, and then to the edge of the plateau where I live to see the sunrise over the ocean – always a good way to start the day whatever the weather.
- 7 am – Back home and my two boys are surfacing and gobbling down their toast and green tea (so healthy these young people!) before they head to uni and school. A kiss goodbye but I can barely reach them as they tower over me now.
- 8:30 am – I am finally ready having put on 2 loads of washing, checked that the kids have emptied the dishwasher, had a shower, made a smoothie and some toast and some lunch for the day.
- 9:00 am – I check my emails and answer the urgent ones and update my day’s to do list. Clients are arriving shortly for a review meeting so Darren and I go over the agenda and I prepare the meeting room.
- 11:00 am – I spend a couple of hours now typing up the meeting notes from the client meeting and dealing with any action items and then working through the tasks for the day.
- 2:00 pm – I am booked in for a webinar on the changes to aged care and the options available to manage the costs associated with this. An important area to understand as this is an area our clients and us personally will all be affected by so keen to understand all the nuances and complexities. Take plenty of notes and start outline of a blog post on the subject for our website.
- 4:00 pm – Return some phone calls and make sure all today’s tasks are complete.
- 5:00 pm – I get home, say a quick hello to my family and see how their day has been and decide what we will have for dinner. Dogs are getting excited as they know it is walk time again so I get my walking shoes back on and off we go for a walk along the bush track which they love.
- 5:45 pm – Text from youngest son asking if I can go and pick him and his friend up from their construction class so jump in car and collect them both and catch up on how their day has been and what their current project is.
- 6:00 pm – I’m excused from dinner duties for the night (yay!) as I’m off to yoga with my 3 girlfriends – a good chance to stretch out after a day in the office and catch up with the girls.
- 8:00 pm – Home and time to put my feet up for an hour with a hot water (sadly its not yet the weekend so wishing it was wine!) . Need to read my book before the next book group so try not to stay up too late reading as once I start I cannot stop. My mum calls from England so a good hour spend chatting catching up on each other’s news.
- 9:30 pm – Quick final tidy up of house, dishwasher on, take the dogs out in the garden and then time to fall into bed ready for that 5am wakeup call!
Visit the About Us section to learn more about Align Financial and our team.
If you would like to speak to us about helping you manage your finances, please feel free to give us a call on 02 9913 9995. We are located in Narrabeen on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
Align Financial | Financial Planner Northern Beaches | Servicing North Narrabeen, Narrabeen, Mona Vale, Newport, Avalon, Palm Beach | Enquire with us Online